Promotion plus+ Coaching = Developing Career Strategies
The Promotion plus+ programme of the Graduate Academy provides a Coaching in order to give young researchers the possibility to develop and reflect their personal career goals.
- What will follow after I finished my PhD or postdoc?
- What do I really want to do in my professional life and how do I get there?
Most job beginners have only a vague idea of what they really want to achieve professionally. Instead, they sit back and wait and see what happens. What may initially seem sensible, actually reduces one’s chances of finding exactly the right position. The person who knows what she/he wants to achieve is in a position to recognize the steps that need to be taken and then to pursue this course.
The Graduate Academy’s programme Promotion plus+ Coaching is a programme designed to help young researchers systematically plan and develop their own career strategies. Participants are shown the instruments of the Life/Work Planning Concept (L/WP) by Richard N. Bolles and they have the opportunity to apply them in a practical phase. The series of workshops for maximum 15 participants will be led by certified trainer Marc Buddensieg from the LWP Institut Hannover.
Working language is German!
The coaching consists of two intensive and two additional workshops. One week before the first workshop, all participants receive a work package. In addition to the workshops, participants should allow for approx. 4 hours work per week (group work with other participants) during the practical phase.
Contents and Dates
- Intensive Workshop I: Instruments of career planning according to L/WP-concept
April 21-23, 2018, 9 am-6 pm
- Accompanying Workshops during the practical phase: Planning und monitoring of the own career strategies and activities
May 15, 2018, 5-8.30 pm
May 29, 2018, 5-8.30 pm
- Intensive Workshop II: Procedure for long-term targets and self-presentation
June 9-10, 2018, 9 am-6 pm
Registration and Costs
Promotion plus+ Coaching starts again in April 2018. The participation fee is 60 Euro. Academics of Leibniz Universität Hannover who are interested can apply to the Graduate Academy up from mid January 2018. The following documents should be enclosed with the application:
- Application form
- Letter explaining your motivation (max. 1 page), for details, see document "Inhalt und Ablauf"
- Short (!) CV
- PhD students: Matriculation certificate (copy)
Please send your application as one single pdf-file to: graduiertenakademiezuv.uni-hannover.de
Application deadline: March 15, 2018
Dr. Tanja Michler-Cieluch
Tel.: +49 511 762 3920