Lindemann-Scholarship of the Dr. Heinz Lindemann Stiftung for PhD students of technical or natural science related fields
Every two years, the Dr. Heinz Lindemann Stiftung offers, in close cooperation with the Graduate Academy, a scholarship to a PhD student of Leibniz Universität Hannover, who is performing his/her PhD in a technical or natural science related field.
The scholarship is considered to be a supplement to any other additional source of income of the scholarship holder. It is supposed to give the scholarship holder the opportunity to dedicate herself/himself to the PhD project without financial worries.
The scholarship is awarded every two years up from October. The next scholarship starts in October 2015. A commission consisting of representatives of the Dr. Heinz Lindemann Stiftung and of the Graduate Academy decides upon awarding the scholarship. The scholarship amounts to 400 Euro per months and is offered for a maximum duration of 24 months.
Next applications have to be submitted by July 15, 2019.
- Completed university studies with a first class degree (diploma or master)
- At the time of application, the PhD project has to still last for at least two more years.
- Matriculation as PhD student at Leibniz Universität Hannover and admission as doctoral student at one of the following five faculties of the Leibniz Universität: Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geodetic Science, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Faculty of Natural Science
The following documents have to be submitted in German:
- Completed application form
- Meaningful letter stating the reasons for application and indicating other sources of income or sponsorships
- CV, possibly including a list of publications
- Description of the PhD project in terms of content (with special consideration of the practical relevance of the project), illustration of the status quo of the PhD project and of the further work schedule and timetable (at least 5 pages)
- Copy of the higher education diploma/master certificate or, in the case of technical college graduates, the corresponding certificate that qualifies for earning a PhD at one of the above mentioned faculties
- Confirmation of matriculation of the Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Recommendation letter of two university professors/teachers, one of which should be from the main PhD supervisor
Applications that do not fulfil these criteria or that have not been submitted in time cannot be taken into consideration. Applications have to be submitted in writing to:
Leibniz Universität Hannover
Dr. Meike Huntebrinker
Additionally, applications have to be submitted as one single PDF document to: graduiertenakademiezuv.uni-hannover.de
Dr. Meike Huntebrinker
Tel.: +49 511 762 19409